AVG System Tuneup interferes with ESET installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by webyourbusiness, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

doing a remote installation I found that I could not download the ESET live installer - error in IE was "cannot download the file" - so I pushed the file across using file manager in remote login - and running it I got an error that the live installer stopped working - and the program quits.

Lo-and-behold - AVG system tuneup 2011 installed and appears to be blocking access to ESET servers - quiting the program and I can run the installer (there is no other antivirus installed per-se - and to my knowledge AVG system tuneup is NOT and antivirus in it's own right)

Just FYI - if you run across the AVG system tuneup - it blocks ESET programs and browser accessing ESET's download locations - or so it appears.

It also blocked ESET activation after I installed ESET v5 latest until I had done a restart.... what a nasty business practice in my opinion...

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I asked ESET's QA department if they could replicate the issue, and here is the response I received:
    My initial thought is the issue may only occur with an older build of AVG System Tuneup 2011.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.