Avg suite

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi Avg suite wont update last 2 days gives me the updates i need shows them then connectino problem re-enstalled twice anyone else? MD

ok got 1/2 way then said closing connection retempt 1 etc then i get a box saying check internet connex? etc etc

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I do not get any such errors. Can you provide some screenshots of what you see?

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In the past, when I used AVG, I also had sometimes troubles with getting updatings. So I tried on different hours and suddenly it worked properly.

4. maddawgz

sure firecat here ya go Erik i tired again this morning i did manage an update last night after like 20 attempts weird..... this am its doing it again here is screeny gets 1/2 way stops i did see a config error so not sure what that means? MD

done 4 re-enstalls and repairs too the free version doesnt do this. and upon repair mode i got this msg
    Local machine: installed successfully
    Installation:
    Warning: Action failed for file avgmfx86.sys: stopping service....
    Service AvgMfx86 failed to progress during stopping at checpoint 0 (wait hint 10000 ms) in 90719 ms.

Attached Files:

• avg.jpg
      avg.jpg
      File size:
      134.4 KB
      Views:
    • av4e.jpg
      av4e.jpg
      File size:
      150.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

avgmfx86.sys is related to AVG's real-time monitor. I think this error happens if you upgraded from an older version of AVG to the latest one via the "Recommended Updates" option. I noticed that sometimes the uninstallers/reinstallers are not updated when the product itself is. In this case, you should download a fresh copy of the latest version of AVG IS.

I have looked at your screenshots, and while I occasionally get the "Attempt of connection establishment" messages (usually disappear after 1/2 seconds), I have nver encountered any connection errors while updating AVG. I find AVG's Akamai servers to be fast and reliable. Perhaps you should take this issue up with Grisoft. :)

6. maddawgz

thanks firecat ive just dl a fresh copy going to install now let u know tx

7. maddawgz

still no go i installed free and was fast interesting and seperate AS might keep that then MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.