AVG & RegDefend?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Robyn, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I installed RD yesterday and am certainly in leaning mode with it running at the default settings.

I am puzzled when I opened AVG before shutting down last night - I have the quick test on open set that RD came out to warn me about AVG
    d:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgwa.dat wanted to modify Allow/Block - always etc
    I allowed as I knew I had just opened AVG and it had been updated earlier but it is now in my list of 'Applications Permissions Override' is this correct or do I remove it from there? o_O

I am very new to RD so apologies if this is a really silly question :oops: I know I knew I was using AVG but wondered if it was correct that RD would warn me & I could set this to 'allow' all the time or do I only allow 'once'? o_O

BTW is there a way to copy and paste the details of something like this to clipboard as I have had to type the exact data from the section?

Thanks for any advice

2. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi Robyn,

If it is something that AVG does frequently, then it is fine to leave it in the APO list (Application Permissions Override).

RegDefend is warning you due to the fact that AVG is accessing one (or more?) of the registry entries in one of the groups. Allowing it to happen all the time or just the once is completely up to you. If it is something that RegDefend alerts on frequently in regards to AVG, then yes, by all means don't be afraid to allow it indefinately :).

Each time you recieve a Regdefend alert and either allow or block, it will be recorded in the logs. To copy from the logs, simply highlight the entry or entries and press CTRL+C to copy the entry.

Best regards,
    Jade.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thank you Jade

I will keep watch on AVG to see if it does this again or if it was only after loading a new update, at least one thing I knew I was working with my AV which helped.

:oops: I though my log was empty yesterday until I just looked now and see the list from yesterday and one entry this morning which I need to look at with a run key but I think it is due to the fact I use a cleaner to clear out on closing and it was the run key for this. I will definitely need to understand more about the 'value' and the number quoted in the log.

One thing this software is going to teach me a lot more about what does happen which was not monitored as closely as this previously. Regprot and Adwatch only alerted me for tiny things. I still have Regprot but am no longer using Ad-awatch.

Hopefully I will become more familiar with the settings as I receive the alerts and know exactly what action to take. Thanks again

Edit:
    If I manually remove a permission from this group will this set the key back to ask me again?

Last edited: May 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.