AVG problems.help please.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by exabyte, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exabyte

exabyte Registered Member

What is AVG's virus vault?
    it it safe to delete a file from virus vault?provided i don't need the file.
    Also i recently detected a virus that it couldn'theal and send to virus vault instead.After that the test result shows like this
    FILE............................RESULT/INFECTION........................PATH...............
    kernel32.dll..........................change........................c:\windows\system32\..
    user32................................change........................c:\windows\system32\..
    shell32................................change........................c:\windows\system32\..
    ntoskrnl.exe..........................change........................c:\windows\system32\..

what is the meaning of this outcome?
    it shows no errors or viriuses in the scan but earlier this infection box was blank.
    Any help and i will be delighted.Thank you

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I believe the virus vault is basically like quarantine. Its where avg keeps the infected files so they do not cause any more harm.

Those are windows files that you've listed which must have been infected from whatever virus you got. Look up whatever virus you got and see if there is information on how to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.