& AVG Internet Security 7.5 'magged too...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eBBox, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

waiting for me eh?

well, 1. its a pcmag review... flawed as usual, might aswell get reviews of pcworld.com :D

as for its actual review, it states it never removes anything... i can assure you, it has NEVER failed to remove anything, and ive actually seen the files dissappear off my machine from the folder they were in.

"AVG repeatedly popped up message boxes announcing that it found an unwanted program. I opted to move the program to the Virus Vault"

the above has been fixed, it was a cookie issue (tracking cookies) which it would find and state unwanted program etc etc, this issue has been fixed and there are settings which fix this issue, not a valid point anymore.

"Out of sixteen spyware samples, it blocked installation of all but two—the same as Spy Sweeper 5.2."

this is nice to hear, this must be ewido at its best.

"The filter let about 10 percent of undeniable spam into the Inbox, but it didn't block even one single valid message. That's way better than the spam filtering in most suites!"

ive already stated this in a thread, it really does catch about 90% of all spam, maybe even more on the highest setting, but it is true you do have to create the rule yourself, but i have a thread somewhere that tells you how if you dont know and it takes less than a minute, so no worries.

they mainly have a go at the firewall, but it isnt a top of the range firewall that has all these cool things on, it does its job... stealths your ports, keeps out attackers and handles program control, simple as that. :)

3. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Agree in what U say ;) My only consideration is that the firewall is easy to disable. Other than that, i like their suite a lot too :thumb: :)

I know its been discussed for a long time how to rate pc-mags ratings :D Its just sad that pages like that and especially top ten reviews, are controlling the decision for "newbe" users. Of couse its great that people at least protect themselvs. But often they are just been mislead by these reviews IMO.

Nevermind, I like avg for it's lightness and its new and better virus/spyware/trojan detetions ;)

4. 337

337 Registered Member

Can someone post a list of credible AV testers/reviewers so us newbe's can make an informed decision!!!o_O

5. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Thats difficult o_O I only rely on my own testing & the results on av-comparatives :thumb:

6. 337

337 Registered Member

I guess I will accept the fact (one day) that one should use whatever software gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, cause it seems none of the reviews can be agreed upon by the masses... So as long as an AV doesn't crash, slowdown, or irritate me then it is ok.
    That is why I like KIS 6, it fills that niche for me!!:D

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

KIS6.0 always gets good reviews in computer shopper.
    its normaly a best buy and Norton is normally there disappointed with it.
    last test they said is blocked all samples they threw at it.
    lodore

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Remember the Watergate affair? Seen the movie?

"Follow the money trail"

This is the answer for 95% of things in the world.

Best AV comparative is yourself. You will define and decide your needs. You will have to figure out which tool suits your habits most. You will have to figure out what program is most friendly to your way of thinking. Then comes the issue of hardware / software compatibility. Then the budget.

Only then should you pay any heed to detection rates, if at all.

Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.