AVG freezing during scan

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by m4rtian, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4rtian

m4rtian Registered Member

When I run a scan with the free version of AVG my computer completely freezes and will not recover until I press reset, this also happens during the online scan. It always happens while it is scanning the memory, but it shows a different running process on each freeze. I thought it was maybe a memory fault but i get no errors from memtest or prime95, the memory is not overclocked. I am running xp pro on a raid0 setup. I have tried shutting down all unnecessary processes before scanning to no effect. This problem has persisted through a complete reformat of windows, I have run every hardware test I can think of and can find no problems there. There are no problems with any other programs. I would like to get this sorted as ewido/avg is one of my favourite security apps. I also run Kaspersky internet security with AVG in the Trusted Zone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

2. opheroad

opheroad Registered Member

hi
    I ve also got that same problem, only with the system file section (local settings/Application data/Microsoft/Messenger, precisely) - and i don't know how to sort this out. Please help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.