AVG free anti virus a few questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Michael_aust, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

At the moment I am running E trust anti virus, not ones from the EZ range the actural E trust anti virus. Any way was it came when i purchased my pc so i used the installed fiel on ym desktop installed it I didnt register and didnt enter a liscence hey becuase it never came with one any way it allowed me to instll and i have been using it since september or something. any way i am planning to format my pc soon and I am not sure if it will still work after wards or if i will be unable to get updates. so what is AVG free like. Is the real time monirot any good and is its email scanning compatible with thunderbird or only outlook express? Are upated signitures releaed very often or does it coem with a signiture set that cannot be updated because its a freeware version?

2. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

You're going to format your pc anyway so you might as well try AVG, AntiVir and Avast on a trial basis then pick whichever you prefer.

If you want to choose a free primary AV then I would reccommend Escan (free) or Bitdefender (free) as an on demand back up scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.