AVG Free 8 Running Processes

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Colloquor, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colloquor

Colloquor Registered Member

I am currently running AVG Free 7.5 on this PC, as it serves my purpose for a basic AV program. One of the reasons that I, and I presume many others, like this program is its small footprint. Viewing the Processes under Windows Task Manager, 7.5 has "avgcc.exe," avgamsvr.exe", and "avgupsvc.exe" running, and all three files idling memory usage is 1,936K with a peak memory usage of 62,344K. This is an edit/update since the original post, as I later discovered the latter two processes were running as well.

For those who have upgraded to AVG Free 8, can you tell me what processes this version has running under Task Manager, and their total idling and peak memory usage? This would tell me, and many others, using older systems if we should consider moving to AVG Free 8 or look at other options.

In my case, this PC uses an old Intel PIII/1GHz with only 512MB RAM (Intel D815EPEA2 motherboard - Max. RAM 512MB), and WinXP Pro SP3. (NOTE: I know, I should upgrade, but this is one of 10 PCs here, and, yes, it is the slowest and most underpowered of the group). For what it's used for - web browsing and e-mail only, it's more than sufficient.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.