AVG Free 7.5 email scanning

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by notsupplied_31, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notsupplied_31

notsupplied_31 Registered Member

Hi, I have been using AVG Free but with Earthlink email you cannot scan outgoing messages.:thumbd: I have another email address with ATT Yahoo! which uses different ports and secure connection and was wondering if I can now configure outgoing email scanning to work with the new email while leaving Earthlink outgoing scanning disabled. I have tried to configure the email scanning plug-in but have not been successful so far. Has anyone succeeded in configuring AVG Free 7.5 outgoing email scanning with more than one email, one of which is Earthlink ? I am accessing the Yahoo! email servers from Earthlink ISP (dial-up).:doubt:

2. notsupplied_31

notsupplied_31 Registered Member

Thanks to everyone who read my post but I solved my problem by referring to the FAQ information on Grisoft's website . http://www.grisoft.com/doc/51/us/crp/0/num/412#faq_412 . The only change I made from the AVG instructions was to assign ports 995 and 465 for pop3 and smtp respectively in order to work with the ATT Yahoo! secure servers. The AVG email scanner is working fine with my non-earthlink email now. Inside my Outlook Express client instead of the server names I entered the "localhost" string and disabled secure connection to server.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.