AVG false Positive?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rainbow1112, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainbow1112

rainbow1112 Registered Member

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

You can export these key by first going to the registry editor: press the windows button together with r now type regedit press enter. Now navigate to the location of the location where avg detects it. Be sure that you highlighted the key in other words that you have selected it by pressing with your left mouse button on it now go to the file menu and choose export. Now save it on location of your choice. So you can send it too avg.

3. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

To submit (possible) false positives to AVG;

source: http://www.grisoft.com/us.faq.num-1203#faq_1203

4. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

there is a incompatible issue with avg and spybot search and destroy and spywareblaster via the active x compatibilitys. AVG says to not install these priducts or in spybot search and destroy case do not immunize.

In Spywareblaster they say to uninstall it.

I have a post here in spywareblaster's forum asking them to talk to AVG and maybe sort this out.

For now if you want to keep these programs, as long as it comes up in "Warnings" do not send them to the virus vault, just ignore them.

AVG told me the warnings tab are just "warnings" and technically all you need to do is delete the cookies.

I just wish they would sort this out because i really do not want to uninstall the other programs.

robin

5. rainbow1112

rainbow1112 Registered Member

i report to them and they answer they give is same as the post above

but they problem is i dunhave spybot or spywareblaster install

6. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

then you need to send an email back to them telling them you do not have spybot s&d nor spywareblaster.

robin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.