AVG/Ewido program updates.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Anthony A, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

When you run the free version you obviously get definition updates. What about program updates? Do you get them when you click "check for updates" or do you have to install the new program versions each time they are released? Thank You

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

If you start an online update and a new version has been released the ewido updater module will download and install also these new program files of this new version also if you have the free version.

3. greenhatch

greenhatch Registered Member

I've always thought a program update should be a separate option: a lot of us would prefer to wait a few days after a program update first becomes available, to see if any bugs are reported and sorted.

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Not a bad idea, greenhatch, but not always workable. Sometimes the new program version adopts a totally different format for def updates, which are incompatable with the older version. Hopefully the developer will support both versions for at least a little while, but sometimes the old defs become useless quite quickly -- look at Ad-Aware SE when it first came out, for instance.

5. Anthony A

Well I am using Ewido 4.0.0.172 and I update every day but the version number has never changed just the number of
    definitions has. Was there any program updates after the version I have? What about the new AVG version should my version not update to it when I use the update everyday?

6. berng

berng Registered Member

Ewido 4.0.0.172 was the last 4 version.

To get the latest I believe you have to download 7.5 manually, uninstall Ewido 4 and then install 7.5.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=148972
    Once installed, the new version should update the version number when needed, currently 7.5.0.50.

7. Anthony A

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.