AVG automatic settings

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gale, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gale

gale Registered Member

I have the AVG 7.5 Internet Security package which seems okay.The scans automatically sends items to the Virus Vault incorrectly deemed as trojans. Now, I have program(s) that will not work. Is there a way to tweak the scan results that will prompt me as regards items to be healed, delete, etc. Thanks.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

you can restore files from the virus vault i think.

and yes you can change your settings, a good way to do this is in the advanced layout, right click your scans > Edit and change the preferances to your liking.

3. madaro

madaro Guest

Yes, you can restore any file(s) from the virus vault. Open the virus vault, click Actions at the top, click restore file(s).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  4. Metal425

Metal425 Registered Member

Ditch AVG,Run Avast!, or KAV, or NOD32

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

he did not come here to be told "ditch it" for something else, he basically just had a question about settings.

AVG suite is a good one, he should definatly keep it and be happy with its good detection and SUPER FAST boot-up time and pc performance.

6. gale

gale Registered Member

Have run other virus pgms - I do not know if any of them are better than any other. AVG I know will pick up on trojans. If someone would recommend one over the other AND tell me why they fell that I would like to hear about it. Thanks all.

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

gale, people will come here with percentages of detetion rates that do not reflect the actual performance of the antivirus in question.

trust me when i say, your suite is a good one, with probably the best performane rate of any other suite, and definatly the best bootup time. As for your av detection rate, its 96.37% (not bad eh? :D ) so try not to listen to these people who tell you to shop elsewhere, sure... you can trial the other companys if you wish, but make your decision based on your own experiences with the software, this is the best advice i can give you.

latest test result here at http://www.av-comparatives.org

8. gale

gale Registered Member

bootup time?.... AVG is the great.

9. Metal425

My Opinion :D :p

10. Metal425

I have always disliked AVG suites.
    Although AVG AS, I like a lot.

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Deleted files go into a vault.

So you can restore them. Right-click on the entry - restore. And your files will be back. And then, do not allow to automatically heal infected files under test settings.

Furthermore, you can disable heuristics. Recently, AVG got wild with heuristics. For the similar reason to yours, I have disabled the scheduled scan on the two machines I have it installed.

Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.