AVG-AS 7.5.1.43

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by AlizeZ, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlizeZ

AlizeZ Registered Member

I have the AVG-AS 7.5.1.43 (Anti Spyware) and I am trying to find out when the free updates will end.

I was told that the updates for AVG-AV 7.5 will end on 12/31/08.

But what I am interested in is when will the free updates for the AVG-AS (Anti Spyware 7.5) STOP?
    I am still getting the updates for my AVG-AS 7.5 by opening AVG-AS and clicking on UPDATE.

(I asked this question on another board and they told me I could get the manual updates from a website, but that didn't help me because I am still able to get the updates (for AVG-AS) by opening my AVG-AS and clicking on UPDATE. I wanted to know how long I will be able to continue to do this.)
    Can anyone help?

Alice

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Hello Alice,

Well the support of AVG Anti-Spyware will end on the 31st of December 2008 too. Mostlikely the signature database updates will be stopped then too.

Best Regards,
    Vinzenz

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I didn't want to deal with it so I uninstalled the AS and got something else. :p

4. AlizeZ

AlizeZ Registered Member

Thank you.
    Is there some place on the AVG site where we can see that it says that the AVG-Antispyware will end updating on 12/31/08 (just like the the AVG-AV)?
    Because if that is not the case, we will have to consider un-installing it and installing another program.

P.S. I am not receiving e-mail alerts of these posts even though I checked instant mail notification.
    ===========

5. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

And when it comes to naming stuff, AVG Anti-Spyware was previously known as ewido anti-malware :)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

7. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

My apologies for the earlier off topic posts. When at Wilders reading, answering questions, etc., its easy to forget sometimes that I'm in a particular products support forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.