AVG Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011 11.20 Build 3152

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Its very strange/shocking that none of their staff member have corrected that mistake.. Even as per their website, the Paid version of AVG AV 2011 does not have IDP ...

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Gone back to avast!. AVG just killed itself because my system locked up and after system reset, AVG was bricked... not sure if i can rely on something this fragile...

3. icr

icr Registered Member

Yup just installed the free version of AVG on my VM and even this free version has Identity protection bad thing by the staff members but I do have to say the new version is light and detection is good. I guess the only difference between the free and pro version is cloud technology:doubt:

4. AvinashR

True ..

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No it's not. Cloud technology is also in free version.

The only real difference are:
    - ads
    - update check intervals
    - server speed
    - HTTP scanning (Online Shield)

That's about it.

6. progress

progress Guest

I agree, there is no reason to buy AVG any more :) I don't like HTTP scanning because it slows down browsing ...

7. icr

icr Registered Member

Yup even I agree with you. Install it on your Win7 system which has a good inbuilt FW and you are ready to go with your FREE setup:thumb: :thumb:

8. AvinashR

AVG Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011 10.0.1136 Build 3181

Download (Trial, x86):- --http://download.avg.com/filedir/inst/avg_isct_x86_all_2011_1136a3181.exe--
    Download (Trial, x64):- --http://download.avg.com/filedir/inst/avg_isct_x64_all_2011_1136a3181.exe--

Download (Paid, x86):- --http://download.avg.com/filedir/inst/avg_ipw_x86_all_2011_1136a3181.exe--
    Download (Paid, x64):- --http://download.avg.com/filedir/inst/avg_ipw_x64_all_2011_1136a3181.exe--

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

is there a changelog??

10. AvinashR

Nopes, i was unable to find any change logs. Anyways i have asked one of their executive to look into the mistake which they have done in comparison window. And as per him he'll get it corrected it asap.

He officialy confirmed me that AVG IDP was available in AVG AV Free as well as in AVG AV Pro 2011 ....

I hope they'll soon correct their mistake.

11. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

Plus AVG Tuneup 2011, worth £22.95, free with the retail versions of AVG Internet Security 2011. At least here in the UK :)

The retail version should be available from next Monday.

12. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Well, I hope this build allows to opt out of the Tuneup component. It's quite annoying to have components one does not want to make use of.

13. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

For Free version:

- Update: Fixed issue with incorrect file removal during program update.
    - Setup: Fixed issue with upgrading to AVG 2011 from the AVG 8/9.
    - Setup: Added support for incremental update.
    - Setup: Fixed issue with uninstallation fail in safe mode.

I don't know how the paid versions differ in change log.

14. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

What's the big deal with this new AVG?
    I haven't followed this thread but have still managed to gather that this is what all the cool kids use now.
    Because the Free version is more complete now or?
    I have no intention of changing my config, but I am now curious enough to ask.

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Free now has IDP.

16. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

That's right! that's the cool part... the bad thing is that they rely too much on it... but I just don't see the cool kids using it... LOL :D

17. icr

icr Registered Member

Just got a program update ~1.6MB:)

I saw a change log while updating it(AVG would notify the details before user downloads the update) but could remember:oops:

18. m00nbl00d

I guess each cool kid uses what pleases him/her the most. ;) Not everything is for "work", there also needs to exist some fun. :D

19. atomomega

HIPS are hell of fun! you know... "geeky" fun... LOL :D avast!'s pirate language package is funny too... :thumb:

20. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

Here's what I got for my AVG 2011 Free update today. I didn't install the email scanners or MS Office plugins so if any of those were updated, they wouldn't show here.

Attached Files:

• avg.jpg
      avg.jpg
      File size:
      120.2 KB
      Views:
  21. m00nbl00d

I gave a bit further testing to AVG due to conflicts (Suppose culprit is LinkScanner) with both MSE and avast!, and went ahead and installed all 3 like so:

Real-time AV (On-access/On-execution): MSE v2
    Real-time URL Scanning: avast! 5 Web Shield, AVG LinkScanner component (It seems these two are suppose to make the web browser crash, but in all my tests I cannot reproduce it.)
    Behavior Blocker: AVG Identity Protection

This combination plays really great. Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce any conflicts, like Internet Explorer or system crashes, as AVG so kindly reports. :( :D ;)

According to AVG, I should had seen a lot crashes. :(

I must say I like this combination of a hybrid antimalware application, so to speak. I'm thinking of deploying this into some family members. I'll give it a more in-depth testing, but to be honest I really like it, taking in consideration what they can or cannot afford to deal with.

22. J_L

J_L Registered Member

How did you install Avast and AVG together? When I tried to install AVG, the installer wouldn't let me continue, saying that I need to uninstall the incompatible Avast first.

23. atomomega

You must install AVG before avast! (or any other "incompatible" app)

24. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Will there be any problems updating?

25. m00nbl00d

There shouldn't be any problems.
    I can tell you that, two of my family members already run AVG LinkScanner along side avast! and MSE, respectively. According to AVG, the so-called conflicts are not strict to version 2011, but also to version 9. Never existed any conflicts.

In any case, considering there's a third-part involved (MSE + avast! + AVG), that's why I mentioned I would give it a more in-depth testing, like updating, etc. But, I can't think of one single reason why it should be there any problems updating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.