AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 is the new Ewido release

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ElPiedra, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElPiedra

ElPiedra Infrequent Poster

Ewido anti-spyware 4.0 will now continue under the new product name AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 contains the same ewido technology, but with some further enhanced features:

Features of AVG Anti-SpywareAll current licenses for ewido anti-spyware 4.0 will continue to be valid, and users can change over to the new AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 for free.

http://usera.imagecave.com/hayc59/viewicon.gif Product Info: AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
    http://usera.imagecave.com/hayc59/Download.gif Download: AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
    http://usera.imagecave.com/hayc59/News.gif Wilders Forum: ewido anti-spyware forum

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2006
  2. chaos

chaos Registered Member

I would like to ask the ewido development team.
    Will there be any special emphasis on antitrojan capabilities or the product's main focus will from now on be antiSpyware capabilities?

Please the answer should be just a yes or a no.

3. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

Very good question Chaos. I never bought a lifetime license for an anti-spy program . If this is what Ewido is becoming then I'll be giving my license to somone and look else where for an anti-trojan solution.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I too have a lifetime license. However, I have come to the point that, looking at the AT capabilities of the top AVs, I do not think an AT is really necessary. It does not hurt to layer, but if I recall correctly, I have not seen a test that showed the ATs anywhere close to 90% detection on trojans.

AV Comparatives shows the trojan detection rates of KAV, for instance, as 98.54%. Maybe the other 1.5% would be covered by an AT program, but I doubt it. Why do I need an anti-trojan? I plan to keep Ewido.

Willing to be corrected or informed.

Edit
    Is there any advantage to changing over to the new AVG 7.5?

Regards,
    Jerry

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

do i uninstall ewido 4.0 and install this? also what if i want to get AVG as an anti virus.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since the GUI is the same excusing the name AVG Anti-Spyware at the top left instead of ewido....one concern would be if present ewido users attempt updates will they receive them since the ewido program itself is not available for download. Having now changed to this new version I can not unfortunately check.

Many more questions to come I'm sure but with patience and a lot of it....I feel positive they'll all be answered in due time.

Bubba

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

• So this is what users have been waiting for since the release of ewido 4.0................an ugly AVG paintjob (IMO) and basicly nothing else? o_O

8. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

I also use Kaspersky and don't doubt the abilities of this great software but still feel a little safer having some sort of anti-trojan program installed.I don't need an anti-spyware program and if this is the direction being taken then I'll be happy to remove this program from my box and just eat my lifetime license

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I'm not going to change to AVG right now, and will see if Ewido 4 updates the next few days. If not I'll yell soon. If it updates I'll report that in a day or so.

Best,
    Jerry

10. cheater87

can i use AVG anti spyware 7.5 with AVG free anti virus?

11. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

1. There is no such thing as main focus... Nowadays adware/spyware and trojans are very close to each other and we try our best to detect as much as possible of all this crap :)
    2. Definition updates are and will be the same for ewido 4.0 and AVG Anti-Spyware
    3. The main advantages from AVG Anti-Spyware over ewido 4.0 are improved stability, speed and resource usage and the better cleaning. Most changes are "under the hood", e.g. AVG Anti-Spyware now features a special "clean driver" for removing very persistent malware. You don't see it but when it helps you removing something no other software can remove, you will be glad it is there :)

12. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Of course :)

13. cheater87

so i uninstall ewido 4.o and install AVG 7.5?

14. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: with the desertion of Grifsoft from antitrojan scene, I have a strong sense that stand-alone antitrojan app's days are numbered. Reasons:There are several excellent AV apps are capable of delivering great detection rate of trojan,plus some form of rootkits are on the rise. Perhaps the entire forcus of antimalware has been in somesort of shifting(quietly). Only few stand-alone AT apps are left and are struggling to sign up new users. I have changed over to AVG antispyware. For those who need antimalware app, AVG offers AVG antimalware which is a breed of AV and AS combined. Pls do not get confused.

15. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Is this not what the new AVG antimalware is?

16. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

Good comment, Bubba...I was in the process of changeover on my systems, and it made me hesitate on one machine before installing, just to check.

Ewido 4.0 did just appear to update to current defs.

17. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

If that's the direction you want to take, yes.

If you try to install AVG 7.5 with Ewido 4.0 installed, you're prompted to uninstall Ewido, reboot, and try again.

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Clean Driver? featured in new AVG AS? Can you @ Grifsoft/Ewido tell us more? And it can remove something that others can not do? This line looks very familiar; did'nt Nick from superantispyware says on several occasions about his ? I like to hear some debates among good people. Nick, if you are reading this please jump in , I like to hear your say. :doubt:

19. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

At the product info link posted by ElPiedra it looks like there will be a free and a Plus version of this program.
    Is this correct?

20. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Nothing wrong with a good debate - but: not over on this support forum. Feel free to start a new thread on the apropriate (sub)forum on this board. We'd like to keep things clean and tidy ;)

regards,

paul

21. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Yes - nothing has changed in this context; same as the former ewido.

regards,

paul

22. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Paul, I got your point, thank for reminding. I will start a new thread sometime soon.:)

23. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

It's the same as the previous ewido I think, as I've just downloaded free and have 30 day trial.

24. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: you can use AVG AS free(after 30 day trial) and AVG AV free together for an antimalware app freeversion, perhaps it is a one of its kind(AV+AS free) on market so far?:thumb:

25. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks for the confirmation Paul.

I'll have a look at this new version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.