AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.50

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DVD+R, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I was using Webroot Spy Sweeper untill just recently, when they totally killed it in my opinion by releasing the 5.2.2125 version with the option of Anti-Virus at extra cost. I reluctantly added the anti virus, then I noticed that the memory usage for this program was sky high, and the minimum requirements for v 5.0 and 5.2 were 256MB RAM. that in itself is too much. I subscribed to Ewido, and then upgraded to AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.50, and now have a 3 yr licence for it. I checked the Memory usage, and its a tiny 1632k according to Windows Task Manager, whereas Spy Sweeper was over 32000k even without AntiVirus added. I'm going to sugest to AVG to add website shields and Browser Hijacking just like Spy Sweeper to their Anti-Spyware in the next release, that would make it an awesome program. A little more tweaking to AVG would be perfect in my opinion.:thumb: ... Now my dilema is do I ask for a refund on my 3 yr subscription to Spy Sweeper or Not!? :blink:

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Don't see how you can. Sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.