AVG Anti-Malware or AVG Pro + Windows Defender

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pipester, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pipester

pipester Guest

I have a friend who currently uses AVG antivirus free and wants to upgrade to a paid version. He likes what he has read about AVG Anti-Malware, at the moment he is using Windows Defender with IE6 and like's that combination, he said it has kept him adware/spyware free and protects his browser. Which would you choose ? The complete package AVG 7.5 Anti-Malware or the combination AVG 7.5 Pro Antivirus and Windows Defender for it's realtime protection features for Internet Explorer or can he still run Windows Defender with AVG Anti-Malware without some sort of conflict ? Does anyone who uses AVG Anti-Malware also use Windows Defender ? Your experience or expertise, much appreciated.

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

im pretty certain he should choose avg anti-malware out of the 2 suggested.

also, he should also think about upgrading to IE7, much better, faster surfing and more secure than IE6.

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

AVG Antimalware ;)

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Windows Defender is OK, and it would be a decent enough choice to put AVG 7.5 Pro alongside it, but personally I would recommend the complete AVG Anti-Malware as I think it is better than Windows Defender. AVG Anti-Malware probably is not compatible with Windows Defender because AVG Anti-Malware includes the engine of a well known AntiSpyware program which was formerly called Ewido. You cannot have two AntiSpyware engines running in real time. :)

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@piperster

Hi . As a satisfied NOD32 user you can offer him NOD32 so that he try it .

As for AVG , I would definitely choose AVG AntiMalware because it includes Ewido , first class antispyware/antimalware software ;)

6. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

I recomended AVG Anit-Malware, Ewido better than Windows Defender..

7. pipester

pipester Guest

Thanks everyone, my friend is going to go with AVG Anti-Malware for his real time monitoring/protection and keep Windows Defender for on demand scanning.

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

use avg anti-malware, but there is no need for windows defender, even if you can use it on demand only, no point clogging up your machine with a lesser powerfull product of what you already have.

9. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

:thumb:
    There are way better on-demand scanners: Antivir PE (disable the guard), BitDefender 8, Dr. Web CureIt, SUPERAntiSpyware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.