avg 7.5?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, I have tryed all major av's including avg 7.1 but i haven't tryed 7.5 yet is it worth trying?
    I was wondering if the detection rate is any better? and removal any better etc?

of course atm my two fav av's are kav and antivir but i always like to try the latest versions of most av's

2. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

If you use MS Outlook, I'd stay as far away as I could from this one. I'm still trying to 'fix' my Outlook. Keeps loosing the file, won't start, have to reset the path.. etc/ very ugly... I think its because of the way they hooked into Outlook, then when I removed it, it did not clean out correctly.

I found a folder still embedded in Outlook for a mail quarantine after removing AVG 7.5. When I removed that left over folder, then Outlook has been a total pain since...

I've trialled several AV's as you have, and this was the first one to screw my setup.

:mad: :mad:

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i did try it but its just like the old one lol with a slightly changed interface and ewido included as a antispyware scanner and antitrojan scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.