avg 7.5?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, I have tryed all major av's including avg 7.1 but i haven't tryed 7.5 yet is it worth trying?
    I was wondering if the detection rate is any better? and removal any better etc?

of course atm my two fav av's are kav and antivir but i always like to try the latest versions of most av's
  2. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

If you use MS Outlook, I'd stay as far away as I could from this one. I'm still trying to 'fix' my Outlook. Keeps loosing the file, won't start, have to reset the path.. etc/ very ugly... I think its because of the way they hooked into Outlook, then when I removed it, it did not clean out correctly.

I found a folder still embedded in Outlook for a mail quarantine after removing AVG 7.5. When I removed that left over folder, then Outlook has been a total pain since...

I've trialled several AV's as you have, and this was the first one to screw my setup.

:mad: :mad:
  3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i did try it but its just like the old one lol with a slightly changed interface and ewido included as a antispyware scanner and antitrojan scanner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.