avg 2011 is home vs business difference??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

in another thread i asked about avg for a freind of mine and i see they have a business version and he does use this in his office so since i dont see a real comparison on their web site can anyone tell me whats the difference he has been using avg for years and does not really want to switch to anything else.

thanks

2. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Business Edition selling points:

- Ultimate endpoint security for your employees' laptops and PCs
    - File Server protection to prevent malware from spreading across your network
    - Email Server protection against spam, phishing and email threats
    - Automated Security Updates plus security monitoring and reporting

The business version probably gets priority support over the home version but both are still extremely expensive compared to other security suites. The business edition would be the AVG endpoint version of their software products similar to Symantec Endpoint Protection and others which allow network administrators to protect multiple computers across their network at the same time.

AVG doesn't really perform well in tests so it doesn't seem worthwhile going with it.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have tried telling and showing him this but he has been a loyal avg user for a LONG time and does not want to change.

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I guess he's been lucky. I've worked on more badly infected computers then I can remember with AVG installed and sitting there doing nothing LOL.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Been using AVG since 2006 (more or less). It has faithfully protected me all these years, killed a lot of infection attempts. I'd not call it a bad product ;)

6. gery

gery Registered Member

it is not.

7. carat

carat Guest

I remember several infected computers running Avast ... :doubt:

8. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

My uncle used AVG for a while and his computer was still getting infected. So I put SAS/MBAM and HMP on it and they found over 100 pieces of malware, uninstalled AVG with REVO since it would NOT uninstall on its own damn installer. Put Avast on and that found who knows how much more. Also got rid of AVG linkscanner and replaced that with WOT. AVG and Linkscanner don't do a computer well IMHO.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

do you use a paid version of avg?

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yes I do....but the free version does offer pretty good protection nevertheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.