Avast Windows Home Server Edition beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vlk, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Hi,

just in case anyone's looking for an antivirus solution for WHS (Windows Home Server), avast has recently released a beta version of an antivirus specifically designed for this platform.

More info here: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-whs-edition-beta.html

Cheers
    Vlk

2. delah

delah Registered Member

Yes I have that installed on my homeserver as it is the only av specifically made to wrk on this platform. Avast have ironed out a critical bug in teh past week which stopped all access to WHS so it seem stable at the moment.

Others have reported that AVG Network Edition 7.5 works but AVG say it is not a guaranteed working solution for WHS.

My client PCs have the following:

PC1 KIS7 & NOD32 (res) <--this works perfectly
    PC2 KIS7

PC3 & PC4 I am debating whether to buy KIS7 licences for full protection or try out avast home edition as it integrates into the WHS console and grab a free firewall for these pcs.
    i have a 3user licence for F-Secure 2007 but I am still waiting on them to reset my subs licence...
    I haven't heard anything from Kaspersky about any integrated WHS solutions at all

I'm a big KIS7 fan (excluding the iswift/ichecker debacle)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.