Avast w Resident and Internet Mail protection only

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am just wondering if it is still okay if we only enables Resident Shield and Internet Mail protection in Avast Home and stop the other protection providers while surfing the net. Are those other light antivirus brands out there only uses these two protections in their program and nothing else?

Of course activating all 7 providers will protect us more "completely" but again if there's no need to then it could be better if we can just turn it off to make it lighter. Please any suggestions and thoughts on this....

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well using Network Shield is a good idea. And using Web Shield won't really make it any heavier on system. But yeah, you should be fine with these two only.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I agree with RejZor , keep Avast with the default settings and don't touch anything . The onliest you can change is to make the Resident proection from Standart to High .

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i would disable any providers u dont use. unlike nod32, it uses separate processes so it can save u some resources.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well those modules actually use shared memory space, you just see them separate even though they actually aren't...

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

oh. really? well i stand by my advice anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.