Avast vs VIPRE

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

So A vs B is allowed. So which one is lighter and has better detection rates?

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Lol, i guess as long as people behave and discuss it properly it will be allowed :D

3. whitedragon551

Rules say its not allowed, but BlueZannetti allowed it so I figure this topic is relevant.

I like VIPRE, its light for me, but the user base isnt as large as Avasts since it hasnt been around as long. For me thats a turn off, but like Fuzzfas I have a free license to the AV so I might as well use it.

4. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

If you had read the link you quoted you'd notice:
    :rolleyes:

5. whitedragon551

Fundamentally they are the same, but architecturally they are not.

Sure a baseball and a volleyball are both balls and can be used for the same thing, but one of them works better for baseball than the other.

Detection rate also has absolutely nothing to do with personal opinion. Its a statistic. I guess the Census Bureau also provides "opinions" on how much of the population is African American.

Now lets get back to the topic. Avast vs VIPRE in detection rates and resource usage?

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Way wrong!

Did you even read the post the Blue linked to?

It says very clearly about the policy applying primarily to the AV section only. You complained in a firewall section topic that A vs B was being allowed and wrote "Awesome to know some people can get rules bent and others cant." It has nothing to do with who started the thread. It has to do with the section and the specific questions asked.

You are out of line starting this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.