Avast sandbox question.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by cheater87, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Where can I see sandboxed programs in the Avast sandbox? I can't find where they are located so I can see which they are if something does get put in there.

2. cheater87

Also with Avast's sandbox is it OK to leave it on when installing windows updates/programs. Also my friend had the sandbox set to automatic when she was installing windows updates and is worried if that could of messed it up.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Windows Updates wont be affected,tell her to relax.

4. cheater87

Shes worried because the sandbox is set to automatic and will she get an alert when something goes in it even if its set to automatic? Shes worried if it will affect the windows update as well. Also she wants to know if the Avast sandbox can get FPs. Shes worried about if the Avast sandbox had an error and trapped the windows update yellow shield.

5. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Cheater87 you need to show hidden files and folders and you will see a folder in the root of each drive in your PC called aswSNX (or similar, don't have it installed now to check!). This is the Avast sandbox container.

Cheers

6. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

During the shut down it said something.exe when it said "end now" on the square box thing right after installing the windows updates (when it was set as automatic for sandbox for avast). do u think it should still be safe? i haven't got the yellow shield for windows updates yet and im afraid maybe because of what happened last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.