avast! Pre-Release v.build 5.1.874

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hayc59, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

avast! Pre-Release v.build 5.1.874

What's new
    • Fixes include (but are not limited to):
    • Compatibility with Acer control software
    • Compatibility with the Game Guard application (although this is still work in progress, because of the hacks Game Guard is using)
    • Compatibility with a Dell wireless network adapter
    • Various 0xC0000005 and 0xC000007B errors (e.g. with some .NET applications)
    • Issues related to upgrades from v5.0 (inactive shields, missing right-click associations, missing 64-bit boot-time scanner etc)
    • Other possible hang/crash conditions (relatively rare but possible)
    • Performance related issues
    • UI related issues

This build is supposed to solve the majority (if not all) of the problems reported for the original v5.1.
    If you're having any kind of issues with the current release build 5.1.864
    we recommend trying this one -- hopefully, it will solve your problem.

Download: avast! Pre-Release

Attached Files:

2. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

All my problems with version 5.1.864 and 5.0.677 were fixed in this release. Congratulations to team avast!

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up:thumb:

4. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Thanks for the update.

I'll test this one on VM to see how it behaves.

Carlos

5. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Just curious if anyone is running this release of Avast and Private Firewall on Win 7 Home Premium 64bit. Any conflicts?

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

@hayc59... thanks for posting the changelog.

Until I read this --> 'Compatibility with a Dell wireless network adapter', it hadn't occured to me that avast! might be the reason why I have inexpicably lost my internet connection several times recently. I don't have a wireless adaptor, but I do run Dell computers, and there could be a correlation.

The Event Viewer messages say, in part, that my "computer lost the lease to its IP address on the Network Card" & my "computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card".

One more thing to consider, I guess. If it is avast!, and if they are aware of it and working on it, all the better.

PS- Just want to say that I am aware that the router I use (and its older firmware) could be the culprit, as could a bunch of other hardware-related things, but until I read this changlog entry, I was never thinking along the lines of an AV possibly causing the connection loss.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks, stapp! Lots to read on that thread and on some of the threads linked inside the posts. One thing I am seeing is that a few users are experiencing internet connectivity and network issues with the latest avast builds (both the final release and the pre-releases). Surprisingly, this is encouraging to me... only because I now have before me a possible resolution to this curious little wrinkle I have run into on a couple of systems that had been running great. I'll just keep my eye on developments, and install the new build when it gets past the pre-release stage. :)

9. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I just updated to this version, and after 5 minutes the program disabled itself saying my subscription has expired! Well, Unless it's 25th March 2012 already, then it bloody well hasn't :mad: A bug that need fixing for sure.

11. robinb

robinb Registered Member

you need to post that in the Avast forums because they are putting out pre releases to fix the bugs and you need to report this before they send out a final release.

robin

12. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Anyone having problems with this latest build as free version and Steam FPS games? Lag issues -as in getting killed first though you shoot first ?
    Does it feel lighter than previous build ?

13. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

The version more recent is 5.1.889.

14. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye this thread shuld probably be closed since its old and no longer applies with the new version out now

15. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

firzen771 is correct. Let's keep the discussion going here: [thread=290871]New Official Avast Program Update 5.1.889[/thread] Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.