avast older version and AIS license question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by constantine76, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Quick questions here.

a) Can I use an Avast Internet Security license for Avast Pro?

b) Where can I download older avast versions? Need download link for

-- avast internet security 5.0.677
    -- avast Pro 5.0.677

Friend wants to downgrade to version 5.0.677 and had deleted his older file installer. I have the free version but needs in (b).

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

3. century

century Registered Member

I am using Avast Internet Security with the free License received.
    I think you can use Avast IS Licence for Avast Pro. But you can always install the Internet Security & customise it.
    The latest version of Avast seems better - so what is the use of the older version?

4. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

@Brocke,

Just checked the links you gave and I found out that it was for the free version. My friend was looking for the AIS and avastPro verson as stated in (b). Any links available?

@century,

About the AIS license using it in Pro, I/we were having problems earlier with avast not accepting the license of AIS. Well, after 2 uninstalls/installs I let him be and went home..:)
    Will visit him tomorrow.

My pal was having BSOD which I also saw in the avastForums (in Windows 7 x64) and it was a suggestion there to downgrade from 5.1.889 to x.x.667...just trying to help him out:)

Any links for (b)?

Thanks all:)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I don't have links for .667 but if you find them and use the AIS installer, you can do a custom install without the firewall and anti-spam and then you'll have practically the same as Pro version but the license still works ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.