Avast is being a nuisance.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by daddymo3, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Some people does have such peculiar thoughts...it's not enough for them that something like Avast is given for free,they want it as close as possible with the paid version.If its free,it must be the way they want,without this little ad,without this line here,without this gif there,without this toolbar (BTW if you didn't keep your eyes open you get it!) and so on.The market is so vast now,you have plenty of choices.So stop complaining about these childish things and uninstall Avast,problem solved.
    It's a FREE AV,don't like it,move on.Do you think MSE will protect you better?Good for you,now you can browse the net without any worry.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Agreed. As has already been posted here, even if Chrome may be unwanted, it is harmless and very easily removed.

Sure I could understand it being an issue if it was rogue software, but quite simply it isn't.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

for some its free for others we PAY for it as i have said i have 15 lic's i should not have to deal with junk like that in a paid program honestly and neither should my clients. i actually got another call today from someone who updated and was wondering why they had this chrome program installed. THEY UPDATED through the gui and still got chrome installed on avast INTERNET SECURITY imo thats bs. if you unselected it the first time around doing a program update through the gui should NOT have now installed chrome. and honestly same goes for the free version if its UNSELECTED the first time around doing a update to version 7 from 6 should NOT add chrome all on its own which yes in fact i have watched it do. all in all you say uninstall it. fine ill agree with users of the FREE version but those who paid should not have to deal with that garbage.

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

:thumb:

5. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

As you probably already realized,i was referring strictly to the free version.And i agree with you 100% if these things are happening in the paid version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.