Avast discounts?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

eh, i called Avast 800 number and asked if i had to activate within 1 month and the rep said yes. i said i'd like to get the 3 pcs x 3 years because it was such a good deal but that i only had 1 Windows machine right now and he said i could activate the other licenses on friend's computers in the mean time. i asked if i could jusr re-install Windows and activate one license then delete OS and repeat for the other 2 licenses and he seemed to think that would work.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

doesnt matter when you use any of the 3. the main thing to remember is the time starts ticking when you pay for it. so you can install 1pc and another whenever you want to etc... but the second and third will not have the full three years ALL three start ticking when you buy it.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

That is the crappy thing with them.

/me has to wait then.

4. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

yeah i dont mind if they all expire 3 years from the date of purchase even if i never install them or install them one or two years later, but the idea that they expire within one month just because i never activated them in that time, that sounds unethical. i dont even know how it could be legal.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It does cause me to refrain from buying such because I generally want them for future use and not immediate use.
    Jerry

6. Trooper

Same here. Kind o' crazy.

7. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

As I've mentioned before, when you buy codes from retail (online or boxed), you can sit on the codes for months or years.

When you buy a code from, say, AVG, they issue you with a license code which starts from purchase. When you buy an AVG code from a retailer, they issue you with a code which only starts from when you register. And you can choose to register any time in the future.

Same with codes from avast and other brands.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

you are misunderstanding. they do not expire in a month if not used. they simply just tick away days. so if you buy it today and then wait 30 days to use it you simply have 30 days less on your lic. you dont loose the whole lic key. the time just ticks away as soon as you buy it nothing more. but all 3 pc's from that lic tick away at the same time so if you say activate the first pc in 30 days, then wait to activate the second for say 60 days you simply have 60 days less on the second pc, etc for the third.

9. Trooper

Yeah but I would still like to be able to have it start from day of install vs. purchase (at least that would be my wish). By the way, check your PM's man. ;)

10. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  11. kwg

kwg Registered Member

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

You're absolutely correct.

13. Trooper

Decided to grab one of these deals. Some nice offers that are still valid fyi. ;)

14. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

i wouldn't have a problem with it just ticking away days from the minute i purchased - thats perfectly reasonable, but i think i heard this before somewhere and the rep on the phone seemed to confirm it.

i get tired of some of these companies anyway. i bougth a Pro license for Hard Disk Sentinel a year or two ago, didnt use it much cause it was an installer. now they come out with a portable version and they said my Pro license isnt valid for it. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.