Avast Detected Trojan And Its Not Letting Me Open My IE Browser

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sooflymami, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Hey, Gemini lady, and the answers to the other questions might be.....

2. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I didn't really understand what you meant on the post and its not even letting me go on the main screen. Yes, all the cables are connected into the monitor.

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

This might be because of my English. I will try if I can be more specific.

Do you see any text on your monitor when you start your computer? If that is the case keep pressing on the left shift button on your keyboard after you see the first text appear. That key (shift button) is located above the ctrl (left control button) button on your keyboard.

Did you also verified if the cable of your monitor is also attached to your computer case at the backside?

I just saw that you don't need a cd-rom of Avast to be able to perform a boot scan so my solution wouldn't help. Sorry about that.

If nothing is visible on your monitor it might be your video card. Try this shutdown your computer and unplug the powercable of your computer now open your system case and see if you find any dust clean it with a soft cloth. Be sure that the videocard is being attached in the slots. See if you now still see the black screen.

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

In adittion to Niels, Have you paid your electric bills? All kidding aside, you got some good suggestions there - Op stay with him

5. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

A computer repairman finally fixed it! Do you think I should get the ad-block for internet explore? would that be safer?

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

what wuld be safer is to just use firefox and use the addblock add-on. i dont understand why people are still using IE...

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

The "NoScript" add-on would be helpful also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.