Avast behavior shield warning (CCleaner)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

So maybe this is some false positive? Anyway, this is the first behavior shield warning from Avast I have seen. I had just downloaded the most recent version of CCleaner (3.07.1457) and ran it. I also have IE9. Any thoughts on this warning?

Attached Files:

• cc1.jpg
      cc1.jpg
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Views:
    • cc2.jpg
      cc2.jpg
      File size:
      73.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Looks like Ccleaner has accessed the location and avast! BSh has "popped it's cork". Can you upload the file nsdialogs.dll to virustotal or similar?

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

No sorry. If the issue comes up again I will get a scan though.

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Avast free is very good ! surprised what it offers , i ditched Antivir now.... Avast has P2p webshield , behaviour stuff good value free. :D Plus i can hide the icon in tray i like that idea. I did leave the webshield out though, not keen on them http scanning, the pro version only seems to offer 1 more thing than free.

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

What do this have to do with what the op has mentioned?

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

ccleaner checks on install to see if it is the latest version. My firewall asks permission, I say no. The install still goes ahead though with a problem.

It will also check to see what your default browser is in order to see whether to offer you Chrome download or not.

7. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Portable CCleaner saves the day - there´s no "E.T. phone home..." (at least , Mamutu didn´t catch a thing).

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Not exactly true. Update checks are more frequent with paid version, you get SafeZone, manual Sandbox and full control over how it works and no ads.
    A bit more than just 1 more thing :p

Btw, acr1965, how did you get to a conclusion that it's CCleaner who's causing it? Not sure why would Cleaner be running component from temp folder... plus if it was, you'd get it each time you'd use CCleaner (it would probably be reproducable).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.