Avast and firewalls.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The Red Moon, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

If i might ask is there actually a free firewall that works properly with avast considering the web shield is causing problems.
    Thanks.:cool:

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

If you're behind a router, save yourself the experimentation and just keep it and Avast going. If not, well, Comodo reports are conflicting. Some are saying the new version fixes the old conflicts, some are saying it is still there. Private Firewall is in the same boat. Some say it's fine, some report gremlins in the machine, so to speak. Windows Firewall is still incompatible as far as I'm aware. You're just going to have to do a bit more research outside of Wilders I guess, as my own look through the firewall forum is just as conflicting as these programs are.

If you're not infected with anything, there's no real need to control outbound anyway. And if you are, you have slightly larger issues than controlling outbound connections :D

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Unfortunately it's no longer available as a stand-alone, but I've never had any problems with the PC Tools firewall and avast (free versions of both). I do know avast has had on-again-off-again problems with both Comodo and Zone Alarm, but the Avast team has made vigorous efforts to work with the developers of both to sort things out.

4. Hawk82

Hawk82 Registered Member

Just put web shield to only scan traffic from web browsers. Anyway the browser is allowed in the firewall so there is no conflict from the other programs that try to connect on port 80.

avast.png

P.s. Comodo latest version fixes the conflict with avast web shield

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Very good to hear comodo has remedied the issue.:thumb:

6. BILL G

BILL G Registered Member

ZAF 8.0.298 & AVAST FREE works Good for Me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.