Avast! 8 Beta?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brandonn2010, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

BTW the beta should go officially public in about a week (and there will be some improvements in it -
    compared to the Evangelist beta preview that you have been trying / released on Friday).

2. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Leaked on purpose to generate all this hype and interest. :blink:

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Why on Earth would they have to make such fake hype!? It was a dirty leak and whoever did it should be ashamed. They've trusted us with a very simple task to keep it to ourselves for the time being but someone thought he knows it better and leaked it to the public. And keeps on doing it even after all the complaints here and in the Evangelists section. :rolleyes:

4. bob3160

bob3160 Registered Member

@ avastfan1,
    And you're making sure the leaks and rumors continue. :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

RejZoR, It is really a shame but the trust factor is not
    like it used to be!

So many times I have dealt with this under Outpost Firewall BETA
    and its an on going problem, I just gave up and hope for the best
    and at the same time like Outpost its being tested atleast and hopefully folks report their problems so they get fixed ;)

All if not most should know when a BIG problem arises you or avast!
    can say hey... its BETA NO SUPPORT SORRY!!

6. adrenaline7

adrenaline7 Registered Member

I went AV free from 2004 to 2012 and finally installed MSE just to have an AV along with all the windows and browser hardening stuff I do, I thought lately I would like more from an AV, I like the idea of a reputation system so I plan on installing Avast 8 Beta once it has been out for 3-4 weeks and has the major initial bugs fixed.

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

That was my hint to that poster. He/she should really just stop, not that it'll make a world of difference now.

8. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Hope they won't rush this version like they did with v7. avast! 7 was released too soon (to make it in time for the company's anniversary day) and caused quite a disaster upon its first public release.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It didn't really, but with userbase of hundred millions of users, things like this happen even if you don't "rush" anything... There is always a range of users that will encounter problems one or another way.

10. bob3160

Since this version of avast! hasn't officially been released, this discussion shouldn't actually be going on.
    I suggest this topic be scrapped till the actual beta of avast!8 has been released.

11. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

While the leaking of the closed beta is unethical/immoral, it is not illegal unless Avast makes their closed beta testers sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. As this is not the case, it would be censorship to close this topic and IMO unethical/immoral.

12. bob3160

Non-Disclosure isn't needed. It was in a closed part of the forum where "Someone" broke their trust.
    All the posts here are simply speculations on something that isn't yet finalized and still subject to change.
    You may however continue to a s s u m e. :eek:

13. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I know, that still doesn't make it illegal. Like you say someone broke their trust, so you could argue that non-disclosure is needed. If you don't want it, no problem, but then you have a risk that someone can make the beta public.
    A beta is always not yet finalized and still subject to changed, closed beta or public. Plus, not all posts are purely speculations as some are actually running it.
    Not assuming anything.

14. DBone

DBone Registered Member

It's just computer security software, not life Bob..............;)

15. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Perhaps you mean when the official "public" beta is released? I don't see a problem with the discussion as long as it's clear what's being talked about.

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

17. evildust

evildust Registered Member

Is it native 64bits finally?

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

What difference does it make? Why ppl think native 64bit will somehow magically make things better? It won't.

19. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

20. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

Whoever is this person RejZoR and that person should be BAN from the Evangelists section because they have betrayed their trust for not keeping to themselves and leaking it to the public, this make me very angry :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  21. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

NSG001,I think even you are due on Malwaretips forum now...you said they shouldnt be testing if its closed beta...then why you gave kudos to this review posted on MT forum: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Avast-Free-Antivirus-8-Beta-Complete-Test :oops: :p

many more reviews are also posted on youtube...but I think this discussion should be closed since its a closed beta. o_O

22. waters

waters Registered Member

I still didnt understand the last version.I had the paid and couldnt recover my files when sandboxed.Never got a reply from their forum or their support

23. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

And what exactly would be the point now? Whomever the single-digit IQ idiot that leaked it out was, they've already done the damage and there's not much left to leak. It should have been stopped on the first day, at least here.

24. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

still no official beta released?

25. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Not to my knowledge.

Hey zfactor, waiting to hear back from you via PM bud lol. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.