Avast 7 and Comodo Firewall: Which sandbox to use?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by paniccom, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

I've been playing around with another firewall after running Comodo Firewall for quite a while. Never had any problems with CF, but wanted to see what's out there. I found my web pages loading much faster with a different firewall, but wondered if it was because I was giving up some security, ie, not scanning the web pages as thoroughly or something. So I thought I'd give CF another looking over, and now I'm wondering if it's because both Comodo and Avast have overlapping features.

The sandbox was set to disabled on CF when I installed it and I don't know if that's the default or if it recognized that Avast had sandbox enabled, and shut off it's own sandbox. Please bear in mind I'm not a techie like the helpful people on this site, but I like to at least make an attempt to keep things safe and as quick as possible.

So I'm asking if I should run both sandboxes or just one, and which of the two would you run? And maybe, any other way to make these two fine pgms run better together? Thanks all.

2. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

sandboxie :)

3. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

I see quite a few people list sandboxie on their security setups, but for now I'm just looking to make Avast and CF run well together. I never actually had any problems with them, but after trying a different firewall this weekend, I noticed such an increase in web page loading that I thought maybe I had something configured wrong in my original setup (Avast and CF). Thanks for the reply, I may try sandboxie down the road (THREE sandboxes?! My cats only have two!)

4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

G'day Paniccom,

You only need Avast autosandbox and turn off Comodo FW sandbox because both sandbox can conflict between Avast and Comodo. IF you're using Avast free version you can add sandboxie side by side with Avast, only viewing internet browsing inside a sandboxie see my sig below ;)

5. a256886572008

a256886572008 Registered Member

Avast 7 can not automatically sandbox the malware downloaded from Blackhole exploit kit.

6. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

just wanted to say enabling the comodo sandbox will decrease the efficincy of the HIPS

so you either Use sandboxie withc is prefered else use avast sandbox

7. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

+1 recommended

deactivate all other - they are stupid and not comfortable.

Maybe Bufferzone is next to sandboxie, i use both.

8. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

If you having trouble with browsing speed, try disabling Avast's web shield. I find for me that it slows down browsing a little. As others have said I would use only one sandbox. I prefer comodo's over Avast's only because I'm used to it. I have mine set to untrusted and I know that it will stop most malware from running. I have both sandboxie and comodo's sandbox running. I've never had a conflict yet. (knock on wood)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.