avast! 7.0 released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Wey good results in the videos, the proactive modules are amazing :thumb:

2. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

I just did clean installation Avast Free7 on other PC while PerfectDisk was installed as comparison. So far, all went fine and running smooth. No conflict at all and very light performance :thumb:

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I am getting a Not Found CATSG ( or something like that ) cookies when i try to register.

4. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

It seems to have an issue with Comodo Firewall (no Defence+) on XP SP3. It takes 15 to 30 seconds to start any application (or to run any executable). Avast 7 works OK without Comodo, and Avast 6 works fine with Comodo, so I'd say it's a conflict between them, not a specific problem with one of these two... Still, I had to uninstall 7 and go back to 6.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'd say that your Diskeeper is running in the background defragging. Another possibility could be your MBAM PRO running real time.

6. Get

Get Registered Member

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Are you maybe using any other HIPS like app along with avast! ?

8. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Trying it out after a break from Avast, runs nice so far :)

9. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

The same problem here as well. I tried to reinstal after cleaning with aswclear.exe but can't turn protection on.

10. Technical

Technical Registered Member

11. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Installed running great
    vlk, thank you great product and FREE!!
    cant ask more than that ;)

12. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I got the same thing after upgrading from 6 to 7. Finally after repeated reboots (and a couple of bluescreens) it went away. Not sure why, but it hasn't returned. PC was having problem with sandbox also, but I changed settings to "ask" and all seems ok now.

13. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I tried to clean with aswclear.exe like you and spent few hours. Then I decided to reinstall on the installed Avast with error. On the second install it worked fine.

On one of the machines, I had to install it three times and then it worked fine. It gave me errors twice, and I kept on installing on top the one with the error.

Install and reboot, if you get error reinstall and reboot, if your get error reinstall and reboot. Try doing this without uninstalling and/or using aswclear.exe

Best regards,

KOR!

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Just did an compatible install of v7 Free AV, and it is not just on-demand. Web shield, script shield, network shield, behaviour shield and autosandbox where all installed, so the only things that weren't are the file system, IM and p2p shield. Does anyone know if there are other changes compared to normal install?

Ok, thanks, looks nice :)

15. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Avast IS 7 came during a regular update last night and installed over 6. No problems during the install and not a single hangup. It was quick and painless.

The new version seems to run a bit lighter. Everything seems to be working as it should. My one complaint, the BSOD thing, seems to be gone - even with Google Chrome.

All in all, so far I'm very happy and congratulations to the AVAST team for another great product.

16. Get

Get Registered Member

I'm using Real-time defender.

17. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Took the update from 6 and 7 is running smoothly. Love the Web Rep and have been using it as an addon in waterfox even with Avast 6.

Wow you guys did a great job with the graphics on 7. The "streaming" cloud addition is nice. I assume that all the steaming updates will go into the regular defintions for those that turn off the cloud. Just the few hours of "exposure" before the regular defs update ----- any difference other than thato_O?

18. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Cant register the free, just me this hour? (mail also waiting)

But i hate this stupid sandbox - just killed Windows 7 Firewall Control GUI
    and Service disabled web acces so avast cant do anything this way.
    And there ist still no option to disable this crap while installing.

ah mail arrived, done and licensed.

19. Palancar

Hey, maybe somebody here can give me a steer.

I just noticed that while using Avast 7 and Waterfox I am not seeing the Web Rep "green" in my google list searches. I looked and I have "reputation services" enabled in the cloud on 7.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to use an addon like in version 6? The cloud in 7 would make me think the Web Rep would be taken care of already.

I just don't see it the way I used to.

20. Brummelchen

waterfox is 64bit - although it means nothing for extensions...
    have you tried firefox 32 bit for verification?
    you should remember that 64bit are still experimental so you have to know what to do!

PS i have to set regedit.exe as a trusted app when using reg-files in sandboxie.
    otherwise i get lot of werfault messages.

21. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

I had the same problem, endless file scanning.....turned out to be process lasso in my case....wasn't a problem with V5\6...just V7.

22. Brummelchen

i have lasso running - no problems - i think its mbam pro.
    anyway - more than one background scanner is still a NO-NO

23. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

I had a very old version of lasso installed.....just updated to current version, as you have said....now running with no problems....glad I caught your post...I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

24. rrrh1

rrrh1 Registered Member

The Avast sandbox is getting aggravating, everything was fine after the update in the AM but this evening, software that has been on this computer for years are being terminated, even programs that were ran successfully this morning after the update.

If this continues I will have to kill sandbox feature.

rrrh1 (arch1)

25. Palancar

My Web Rep issues came from Waterfox. I read on Avast forums that they don't think they will support this browser any time soon. Its basically 64 bit Firefox and not many are using it.

I think Waterfox runs smoothly on my system. Don't know if I will run Waterfox since its not well supported with add on stuff yet. I do like Waterfox and wish some developers - such as Avast --- would consider supporting it with their add ons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.