Avanquest System Suite 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Jo Ann, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

My husband just returned from his office party (kind of tipsy) but with a boxed copy of Avanquest-VCOM System Suite 8. It appears to be a full-blown security suite (AV/AS & FW) plus file and registry cleaners.

I've never come across this software before, nor can I find out much on the net (other than at the Avanquest site). So if anyone can enlighten me as to its pros & cons (and quality) that would be great.

2. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I have used System Suite for years and never had a problem. Originally, I bought it to replace Norton Systemworks and it is far superior.

3. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback. Do they use someone else's AV and FW? ...and if so, do you know whose?

4. appster

appster Registered Member

Hi Jo Ann,

A fellow instructor uses System Suite v8 and has been using the product ever since v5. He told me he believes they license their AV/AS from Trend Micro, but he doesn't know where their 'Net Defense' firewall comes from.

Like DCM, he speaks highly of the product in every respect (and I have a high regard for his omputer knowledge).

Hth

5. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Their firewall is licensed from Filseclab. I don't run their av and firewall in real time because of a memory leak (was true of versions 6 and 7 but haven't yet tried v8 of the product).

You can install the av and run it on demand.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I have it too.

I am using it, but not all its features. You need to test each of these features to see which one would fit your needs. In other words, not all features are that good.

In my case, I just use its recovery commander and system health monitor. because I have other apps performing better than its other functions.

General speaking, it is an above-average utility application. Nice to have it, but not a must.

7. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Since my husband and I have been experiencing problems with Eset Smart Security on both of our PCs, last night I removed ESS from both PCs and installed Avanquest System Suite 8 (which comes with a 3 user license).

The installation went smoothly and so far it is running very well on both WinXP and WinVista. Its GUI layout is very nice and user-friendly. Neither system is showing any noticeable slow-down (I was concerned about that after reading the last couple of posts) so I must say that so far I'm impressed. :thumb:

Thanks to all who provided feedback.

Jo Ann

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.