AV that have a Lifetime Licence?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brocke, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

If you don't care , that's your problem .

If the OS (e.g. XP) becomes obsolete in 2014 , be sure that Microsoft will immediately ditch support for MSE for XP and MSE will not support XP os.

Yes , dear , you'll get the newest OS version but you pay some money to get the newest OS version (no matter the MS license if OEM , if retail , if Volume licensing... you pay some money)

I was talking about free AVs in general and free stuff in general , not particularly MSE . If I gave MSE as an example , please accept my apologies!

First , it isn't against MSE particularly .
    Second , AVs are not expensive . They are may be the cheapest software of all softwares!
    Third , MSE is not absolutely free product ! You pay to its producer Microsoft - you pay for various licenses for other products
    Fourth - when you pay to the vendor - you pay them for a product , for updates , for support , for marketing , for many many things. And think about that free products and cheaper products belong to vendors who have less human resourses . I can give you an example - I have paid to a smaller vendor for many year less money to get less support or not that good product and less marketing materials . Now I pay a bit more to a bigger and richer vendor but I get a better product , better support and better marketing , better virus lab , better ...)

Think about small vendors like AVG , Avast , ESET , BitDefender , F-Prot - what is the quality of their software , what is the quality of their support they can provide to a company , how many employees they have , do they have money to create innovations and be better against new viruses ?! What support these small vendors give to their (FREE) users ? Forum support , most of the time , that is it. Can a company use a free vendor with just a forum community support?!

Of course there is no guarantee . My whole point is that if you pay for something , generally you get something more and better than the free one . No free lunch , no free antivirus .

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

3G maybe you cant comprehend, but you NEED the OS to use the PC hardware. You have to have one or it simply wont work. Thats money you have to spend on either a new PC or the OS itself. You can use an OS from 2000 and still find free AV software for it. Its 10 almost 11 years old. Your argument isnt valid. Pick a new point to dwell on since your digging yourself a deeper hole.

3. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Well , if you start working as an IT who regularly have to clean infected computers , of IF you AT LEAST start watching the malware cleaning forums , you will notice that :
    # computers with free products or cracked products are the most infected computers
    # computers running Avast , AVG , old ESET are the most regular clients of the malware cleaning forums and malware cleaning service providers
    # computers running paid Norton , paid Kaspersky ... might never visit the malware cleaning forums or visit them not very often compared to the ones who use free Avast , AVG and free company

In my not so long professional career (let's say it so :D ) I have never seen a computer running Avast and not being infected :)
    These are my arguments

4. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

@ whitedragon551

And by the way , you don't use absolutely free product (like Linux is) - your product is free to help the paid products of the AV vendor gather more information about files and potential malicious files.

Panda Cloud free is in no way better than Panda IS. You can do yourself a simple testing and you'll see (just an example)

5. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

This thread is nearly 30 posts long now and is going nowhere fast.
    Arguing the merits of paid AVs over free and vice versa in this topic is off-topic and counterproductive.
    Twister is indeed the only AV currently with a lifetime license offer.
    If I'm wrong, I'm all ears..

6. progress

progress Guest

I agree, I remember Ewido lifetime licence ... :cautious:

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

But that is also true for 1/2/3 years license then. But if lifetime license are cheap like that of Twister it should not be a problem.;)

8. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Shocking.

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Please Close Thread..... Thank you Brocke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.