AV-TEST.ORG: Latest Security Suites Test (AV/FW)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Inspector Clouseau, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I can't find myself in the final rating. For example the BitDefender suite should be at least 6th, and not 9th.

3. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Postings in security forum after security forum from real-life norton users do not support that ranking and therefore i personally put no value on it.Another coop for 'Symantec's Marketing Department'!.

4. Inspector Clouseau

Actually the latest Symantec Versions aren't that bad. They have a good overall detection.

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Inspector Clouseau

Don't ge me wrong.I'm certainly not saying that norton is a bad product.It still remains a good one.But in real life situation use, i'm not seeing it perform to the numbers it gets in these tests.Especially with trojans which are a dominant malware at this present time.Norton gets hammered by trojans.This is just my observation from scanning through security issues posted in various forums from current users.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I must say that it was rather a more respectable review than is usually true of those performed by magazines. Their use of av-test.org is one factor in their respectability. Their mention (without scorn) by the Inspector is another factor in their respectability.

Even so, I am grossly disappointed that KIS was excluded, although it is represented (somewhat) by F-secure, which uses a KAV clone (I think).

IMO Jetico firewall is one of the choicest plums (for inclusion in a security suite) that is still hanging on the *unallied tree*. One of the better AV's should grab that license (for a fee) & package it into a suite. It would make a very *frisky* package with the right AV, I think;)

7. Inspector Clouseau

Are you sure? :D :-*

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

A FRISK suite is a good idea. Personally I like F-Prot even as it is, quite a lot. A suite would be even better :D

BTW: Please check your PM Inspector Clouseau! :)

9. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

As hapless consumers, or even as technogeeks or AV afficionados, I think that we have a wonderful assortment of very excellent AV products to choose from - the selection, quality, price ranges, and capabilities of AVs have improved and expanded, and continue to improve and expand, immensely. In regard to firewalls, I am disappointed that the trend seems to be the opposite, with fewer choices and fewer quality products available as time goes by.

10. Inspector Clouseau

?-?-?
    I have only one where you were asking "How's the coffee in Iceland as compared to Slovakia?" :eek:

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

There should be another too, the congratulations on the Armadillo Unpacker... o_O

You know who my money is with though ;)

BTW...How is the coffee in Iceland anyway? :D

12. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I'm not surprised to see Symantec at the top there. If you go in the PCWorld stores here there are an abundant supply of yellow boxes on display with some red ones for McAfee. Here and there you'll see other brands, but those two are the major players.

I've not seen NOD32 or Kaspersky in a store yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.