AV-Test.org: July / August 2013 - Windows 7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FleischmannTV, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I'm using F-Secure right now, and this is the lightest AV I've ever used. AV-Test loses all credibility the moment it says Trend Micro has less of a system impact than Norton, Eset, or F-Secure. Absolutely comical.

2. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Lack of customization?
    Please, explain.....

3. fax

fax Registered Member

It may depend on the exact factors they used to assess the system impact. May be you are a users that has a different use pattern of the PC as compared to the profile AV-Test.org has selected. For example, an office user will manly work with e-mail/documents/excel sheets/printing/etc while a home user could be more oriented to internet, video, sound, gaming.

I guess that finding the right balance while choosing factors to be taken into account is rather difficult.

4. Anarion

Anarion Registered Member

Can't disable module without getting big ass warning nagging you about it every time. Inside the program and in task bar icon. Few things require registry editing (when simple tick box should have been enough). Not sure if things have changed, It's been close to 6 months since the last time I used Webroot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.