AV-Test Certifications July/August 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by King Grub, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Maybe boot time. I am not sure about that one since I only reboot once a week or so.

What other factors, it is pretty good with ram, and very light on CPU & disk i/o. With that said, when I use it I do not do a full install. I use the toolbar, email scanner, link scanner, etc... I don't find them necessary.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I don't think so, Avast doesn't scan like that by default.

3. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I just realized AV-Test uses over 200K samples for their Protection test, while AV-Comparatives used only 2480 for the first part of their Dynamic test. So would it be safe to assume AV-Test's results are much more representative of a product's real-time protection rate than AV-Comparatives?

Edit: I may have misread. Which sections in the protection part are real-time and which are on-demand? I assumed because it was protection that it was all real-time but I think I was wrong.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  4. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

AFAIK only the "Protection against 0-day malware attacks, inclusive of web and e-mail threats (Real-World Testing)" is real-time and the rest are on-demand scans.

5. vlk

vlk AV Expert

AV-Test usually uses no more than 30-80 samples per month for the "0-day" test.

6. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

So then AV-Comparatives actually uses a lot more samples in the real-world test. Does this mean their results are more accurate about an AV's protection?

7. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

yes, and not only that: AV-C reports describe the samples/cases are prevalent and really causing problems to users.

8. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Who says that?

It seems to perform very well on performance tests, especially boot time. For example, it has the second least impact on boot time here.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  9. clocks

clocks Registered Member

And that test was with 2011. AVG 2012 is supposed to boot faster, use less memory, etc...

10. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Not a great performance for Webroot.

11. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

For what it's worth - this is the 7.0 product still, not SecureAnywhere (which should be included in the next round of AV-Test/AV-C tests :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.