AV Recomendation

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Kaspersky isn't the best option for me, maybe it is for you. Saying it is a best option for everyone is silly. I found KAV crash prone and unstable as a product, therefore not good for me.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

me neither as it takes longer to read files and stuff. or maybe its a sign i need a better computer...

3. trojan

trojan Registered Member

lmao all your people struggling to run kav see that button on your 286 that says "turbo" push it as it allows for warp speed, some say time travel

4. WSFuser

funny...does an athlon xp 2000+ (1.67ghz) count as a 286? what about a 7200rpm hard drive? KAV is simply cpu intensive and Kaspersky acknowledges this in their help file.

5. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

Such an exotic purpose needs heavy weapons...
    Zoo virii detection is an issue here.
    Against the web's dark side, I would recommend you to secure browsers (popups blocker, active X monitoring...) and using a really top notch antivirus (KAV based).
    And why not Viguard ? I'm using it on my machine, it's a blocker with rules and it's a wonderful tool.

6. .....

..... Registered Member

The 2006 range of kaspersky anti-virus doesn't seem (atleast here.... 2000+ AMD, 1GB RAM) to the CPU drag of the older versions. Lets hope it stays this way (or gets better) coming upto final.

7. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

On a related note, a new plugin has been released that makes IE as safe and secure, and function exactly like Firefox.

http://www.getfoxie.com/

No, it's not a joke.

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Why not just use something better that use IE, like Maxthon?

9. WSFuser

do not use sandboxie on IE if u have foxie. it causes several error especially when u create a new tab. because of that i wasnt able to test if foxie rele does block malware. like VC, i say ur better off with either Maxthon or Avant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.