AV Performance Statistics

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Blackcat, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

First, I don’t think debating Stefan’s value, is even debatable. He is a leader, as IC and Marcos, like others, in making our AV products what they are today. So proll, lets just end it their, ok. This thread was about statistics and that is where it should continue.

Second, if you are going to make statements about an AV ability to deal with a packer, then please state specifics and not a generalization, otherwise, it is just a personal attack ageist an individual.

2. proll

proll Registered Member

The person who knows the truth doesn't mean he wouldn't tell lies becuase of biz.
    I didn't want to give some one the lie in his throat or to nail a lie,because we have different purpose.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

so if what you say is true, what about all of us, the customers. Do you not care about us.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

He said it already: why bother wasting time researching a packer they know is only used for malware purposes?
    He doesn't say they won't add new viruses.

That last part was really precious :D

5. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Surely you all know that no matter which AV you choose,the protection offered against "zero day threats" isn't good(and I include Nod in there even with its much hyped heuristics!)so this test,even if it is as flawed as most of you feel it is,is only confirming what we already know,so where's the beef?
    I know my AV most probably will not offer protection against new malware until sigs are issued to deal with new threats:-AV's are always playing catch up,its just a fact

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.