AV-Comparatives Whole Product Dynamic Tests updated

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by King Grub, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Holy Smokes!, Webroot is moving into CA Security territory with these scores. I may have to roll out my Avira or Panda Cloud license again...:gack: :blink: :eek:

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. Qlimax

Qlimax Registered Member

Looks that we have a winner, don't we? :)

Attached Files:

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

MSE is an Antivirus? LOL? that's just an improved Windows Defender IMO = Crap

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Incorrect. MSE V4 is very good. Maybe you should visit the MBAM forums, malware and rogue threats, and review the VirusTotal results for each malware submitted. MSE is excelling. I saw one today that only 3 detected. MSE, Kaspersky and Avira and it wasnt a FP.

So Langgroin, before you assume MSE V4 doesnt have any real time detection protection, you really should flush the Commode and do your research.

5. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I disagree too. MSE is well known and can actually catch threats :cautious:

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

People on these forums made me think like this man.

I was using it for a while until some people posted how bad iti s at detection and the kind of crappy support you get from their forums and that they are very biased to their AV over there which is why I went ahead and switched to Avast v7 Antivirus before buying Bitedefender Internet Security 2012 and putting and end to all my doubts and fears

7. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

just as expected Bitdefender is the Best :D

i think i'm going to renew my license :D

8. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I went to install BitDefender and it tells me it cannot install unless I first uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

So what I did was.... DECLINED to install BitDefender and said GOODBYE!:thumbd:

9. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

:D
    Jokes apart, you could briefly uninstall MBAM and go with BD if you are really interested on trying it ;)

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i so wish bd can fix their issues... i just cant run it..and i disagree mse for me is not something i would ever use on any of my systems

11. flik

flik Registered Member

What issues has bitdefender right now
    I am not using it, it seems to be very heavy on my machine most of the time, but it appers to me that you are referring to something else?
    Have you used mse in your system and it wasn't good? Except from spyware, it does well in other types of malware.

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

that it is heavy causes bsod's for many, and messes with dvdfab for me etc..and i have used and tested mse... im a pc tech and i personally would not use mse on any of my own systems..i have went out to work on way to many infected systems running mse for protection...

13. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Any program that asks me to remove MBAM will give me the impression it's very dodgy and there's no way I will entertain it's game.:thumbd:

14. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Avast! still going strong; doing better than AVG, Avira, ESET...

Webroot, wow. I'm sure there's some excuse but it seems like they are doing poorly test after test...

15. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Does anyone know what AV I can install that does NOT ask me to reboot my PC? The reason I ask is because I am using Toolwiz TimeFreeze to test AVs but I cannot restore my system if something needs to reboot to complete installation. So anyone know of an AV that doesn't need a reboot? :blink:

16. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Panda Cloud doesn't need a reboot. There are probably others as well... In fact, I don't remember many that do really....

17. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Ty my friend, however, you won't believe, It demanded a reboot because Panda said it will not install unless I first remove Clamwin and when I removed Claimwin it demanded a reboot and then when I said no, Panda refused to complete installation lol

18. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Mozart. Reading your posts on this forum, it seems you have a lot of problems with security programs. What is on your PC right now? Also, Avast! doesn't require reboot, and I'm curious why you have ClamWin.

19. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Actually, almost every av out there will ask you to uninstall any other security software in the first place.

Anyway I guess you can reinstall MBAM afterwards.

20. Boost

Boost Registered Member

He either has alot of issues with his PC OR he's here to stir things up,I've noticed this in the past.

21. Noob

Noob Registered Member

"Webroot" means Webroot SecurAnywhere right?
    If it is, then it is really under performing here. :eek: :rolleyes:

22. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

there's no point in dismissing these tests @prevxhelp.on the contrary you may pull out if you don't agree with them.

Very happy with Kaspersky's results, if you see the comparison charts few post above, it has improved slightly(not much room anyways).

BD, i want to use it, but people keep telling me its heavy on the system and i don't want to download 230mb just to get disappointed.

23. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

I'm currently running the Bitdefender total security 2013 beta and I've got to say it's runing very light, it seems they have sorted out their system impact problems. The 2013 version is definatly light as a feather and if the detection rates stay same I can't see any other vendor getting a look in.

24. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Why not ClamWin? It's OK:)

I also use Emisoft ondemand, Hitman Pro, MBAM.

25. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Don't make false accusations, you are way wrong. The reason you are upset is because I challenge some of your comments, so then you resort to revengeful attacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.