AV-Comparatives Safe'N'Secure Enterprise Pro Testing Results

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Looks like AV-Comparatives did a write up on Safe'N'Secure Pro after some testing. This is enterprise version. Apparently S'N'S blocked everything thrown at it. The review is a bit disappointing as the specific malware does not seem to be mentioned- just malware, rootkits, attempts to penetrate the network, etc. Perhaps the results were thrown out quickly as this was supposed to be completed in December, then January, now it rolls out on February 1.

I wonder how this stacks up to the home version?

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

http://www.safensoft.com/

~Direct link to PDF file removed. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Please respect the AV-Comparatives Site wish that no direct links to results be provided without permission.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

sorry about that

4. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

I was wondering the same thing about the malware specifics. It seemed to talk a lot more about the features of the program but not so much about the specifics of what the test bed of malware were.

5. IBK

IBK AV Expert

it was a mixed set. if something would not been have blocked I would have written what was missed or where it failed. but in this case i focused in the report on details which are of more interest for enterprises looking for such a kind of product. A manager does not care that much if what was blocked in the test has the name Backdoor.Rustok.B or whatever.
    the results were not thrown out quickly, as like you saw, they were delayed quite a lot.
    there are some more reports to write and other things to do, will try to update/finish/release most of them during next weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.