AV-Comparatives release "Product Of The Year"

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JasSolo, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Head over there and read the article. A BIG congratulation to Avira. Nice work :thumb:

Cheers

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thanks for the news Jas :)

it was about time avira! :argh:

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Which clearly states how crap The test has 'become' or has it always been this way?

In the report, it also mentions the overall winner must have low false alarms, but I've never seen avira pass one of those on there. *weird*

Also, are my eyes playing tricks on me, cos avira has no standard ratings for 2008, I'm sure there were.....

Been paid off?

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Try to think of something *positive* to say CSJ.... ;)

Avira deserves the recognition, it's a 1st rate product.....

5. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Agree with you Kerodo

Congrats Avira team, a well desserved trophy

Regards,

MaB

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You'd really have to ask the folks at Dr.Web.;) :p

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I think it's the eyes.

8. gery

gery Registered Member

I wouldn't be as hard as CSJ but i really doubt if Avira deserves that ranking

9. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

I can't think of a product which has combined the performance and detection of Avira. Its performance at its highest settings isn't great, and likewise it picks up too many false positives, but I think its been the strongest performer this year.

Had Norton 2009 come out earlier though I think we could have seen Avira lose.

What I really want to see next year is products coming pre-configured with the Microsoft recommended exclusions for Windows. I mean, honestly, you're developing a product for Windows then fail to plug in the manufacturer's recommended exclusions by default. WTF?

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Congrats Avira. Enjoy the top for one year because Eset will be back on top next year.;)

11. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :D

12. normishmael

normishmael Guest

Last standard rateing for Avira was:
    retrospective / ProActive - Test November 2007.

If not Avira than Who?

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

CSJ seems to be talking from a personal grudge against Avira by the looks of it. Avira is a top notch program, and over several years ive used everything i can think of and by far like Avira the best, its the only one ive been able to crank to top settings and not feel any difference in performance or browsing speeds.

yes it might have it fair share of FP's but that is almost always from the HEUR set to high and as long as you know what is on your computer then this shouldnt be a problem, least not for anyone on these forums. Also to me the amount of FP's dont matter because i have never seen anyone i know use avira, its not an average person's program, but if you want amazing protection then it IS for you.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

nobody can argue with Avira winning. Nobody. They earned it and deserve it. So that is the bottom line.

I do feel this next year will get tighter with some pulling away due to new enhancements. Kaspersky will be stronger and Esets Version 4 is going to set a new benchmark for detection and cleaning.

But today is Aviras day and they should be proud and enjoy it.

15. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Totally agree with you.
    Nothing extra to add. :)

16. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

I agree too. Congratulations, Avira.

17. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

well, surely i must be mistaken. :rolleyes:

can someone please explain to me why ive not seen Avira pass an FP test, and i HAVE seen standard ratings this year for avira because of it, yet the results say A+x3 and A, the fanboi comments/complaints about it have been there for all to see.

yet the results have changed, its been doctored.

laughable......

now, i dont like the test anyway, but i know the NOD32 guys do and if i were them, id be pretty peed-off at this.

if, this product can be rated the best of 2008, then god help you all, the fanbois of this forum call me a liar bla bla bla with my words, even though Stefan himself has even agreed and commented on alot of them, you know, (even if not all), some of you must really think its really rather easy to discredit comments when there are loads against just one who speaks the negative, whether its truth or not, yet the fanboi-ism of this forum for what 'someone else' says is the best, is ridiculous!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  18. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Jesus, here we go again.

Can people we just relax... its an award... one program will get it, the others wont. Same every year. Nothing to get upset about. If you like what you are using then be happy and forget about the tests and badges.

19. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

And on this note i will close this thread before anyone else chips in with disparaging remarks made to wards other members

Regards

nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.