AV-Comparatives: Real-World Protection Test August 2015

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by anon, Sep 15, 2015.

1. anon

anon Registered Member

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

avira 100 nice...

3. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

I am happy with f secure. It also has 100%. It has very effective deep guard.
    FP are still high but not a major concern.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Sigh, when are they going to start testing Windows 10? Still see only 7/8.1 on these "up-to-date" mainstream tests.

5. funkymonkeyboy

funkymonkeyboy Registered Member

How can Emsisoft get less than Bitdefender when it uses the same defs and has an extra engine?

6. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Looks like most are getting FP's under control...maybe one exception. Anxious to see some of the Windows 10-AV test results. I wonder when that might be....I'm with J_L.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

+1

8. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Who knows? Perhaps when all of them are compatible with AMSI.

9. itman

itman Registered Member

First, they tested EAM; not EIS. Second, this wasn't a signature test but a 0-day exploit test. I believe Bitdefender IS has separate exploit protection. All EAM has is its behavior blocker.

Actually, I am surprised to see that EAM did that well in this test. It actually did better than Eset which does have exploit protection if you factor in the user assists. Also EAM did get penalized for the false positives it had.

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Still don't understand why they removed the ability to view multiple time periods at once. Like the past 6 months, year, etc.. One month isn't the best sample to look at.

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

12. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Consistently great results for Avira...

13. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

What exactly is the difference between EAM and EIS-I keep asking this question and none seems to know the answer, is the firewall in EIS only difference between EAM and EIS or there is more?

14. anon

anon Registered Member

Fabian Wosar [Development] Emsisoft Team, #293=
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...rity-10-available.376071/page-12#post-2522279

-----------------------

You got an answer from the Fabian =
    No, they are otherwise identical.

15. darts

darts Registered Member

Great result for Panda too , i am running it now for 2 weeks and realy like it it is realy light the only thing i miss is something lije safepay or something.

16. russ0408

russ0408 Registered Member

I see Avast is doing better and only one false positive to. Good stuff Avast.

17. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

I am pretty sure the Real-World-Protection Test is not a 0-day exploit test, though it may contain some urls wich lead to drive-by downloads.

Bitdefender has probably a more aggressive web filter and prevents downloading malware in the first place. Further, Bitdefender also has its own behavior blocker, which has a higher blocking rate than Emsisoft's, at least with the malware that AV-Comp. is throwing at it.

18. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

19. itman

itman Registered Member

According to the test report they were indeed exploits at the target destinations. However, they could have been blocked prior to reaching the target using IP/URL blacklisting and the like.

20. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i'd imagine it's because bitdefender's products use other in-house technologies that aren't a part of their SDK, just like emsisoft's products use their own in-house technologies in addition to the engine stuff they license from bitdefender.

21. anon

anon Registered Member

22. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

Damn it I forgot Fabian answered me, I cannot understand how could I forgot that Fabian has answered me, I obviously have hollow memory.
    But how much there is a difference with firewall in EIS compared to EAM when it comes to testing-I don't see much a difference at all, hmmm....

23. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

EIS and EAM are so identical, that you can export rules from EIS and import them into EAM and it works fine.

24. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Not all test cases involved exploits. Test cases involving exploits could be few or many.
    A product does not have to block the exploit to pass. Not only can they pass from an IP/URL block as mentioned but also by signature/behaviour blocker, etc.

25. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Why Quick Heal participates in these 'useless' tests! :rolleyes: How will their loyal users react if they see this? They should immediately withdraw from AVC. Their only boost point is regular VB100 certification.:isay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.