AV-Comparatives Malware Removal Test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I second that. A computer restart is inevitable in order to remove active malware SAFELY. For instance, removing already injected dlls on the fly might lead to severe problems with the stability of OS.

2. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Did I tell you a joke or something?

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Yes you did, if you read the PDF file closely, you will find that 3 products came equally on top, they were:

This statement:

is a complete lie.

Also read: http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/rap-index.xml

4. Sher

Sher Registered Member

No, they did not. The other two did remove the malware - but not completely. A lot of junk was left behind. In my opinion, it's a miss because those left-overs can screw up your operating system even worse.

eScan failed to remove just two; rest of the infections, it removed completely -- something, which others failed to achieve.

And, I don't even use eScan.

5. ePost

ePost Registered Member

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

really? u dont seem to know how Windows works then, leftover benign registry values will not cause any OS instabilities, just a bit of clutter that doesnt have much effect, although its nice if the AV removes these, its nothing big, only thing big wuld be if lets say an active malware system driver was left intact and running and i dont think that was the case for any of the AV's tested...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.