AV-Comparatives August 2005 Overview

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ....., Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Thank you for letting me know. That reseller will now hear from me :mad:

Please do not provide any details in the meantime (also remove the comment you did already please). Thx!

BTW: I just got the info from Lycos that Lycos have blocked the access to all websites they host on their servers for those who try to access from China (since March2005!). :( Reason: they had some hacker attacks. nice; just do that they block the access for such a big country like china forever. So, if someone is from china and is not able to reach my website, now you know why. Tell it to the media and to lycos if you are unhappy about this, maybe due some pressures they will grant again the access of China. One solution would be to buy an even bigger webhsoting packet from lycos, but I will not do that, it is already quite expensive and i see no reason for it; they should allow china to visit the sites. In the meantime i am going to prepare a special site for chinese people, in order that also they can access to the results...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  2. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Given that a full 75% of hacker attacks originate from China. Also add in that China is the haven for piracy, illegal copying schemes, and intellectual property violations... Do you think this isn't justified? My ISP blocks all inbounds from China, my web hosting service blocks all inbounds from China, and my router is setup to block all referers and redirections to and from China.

I think it is all justified actually given the statistics I have from my own firm regarding Chinese credit card fraud on our sites.

3. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Somewhat off topic but how do you set up your router to block all referers and redirections to and from China?

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I suggest everyone read it and learn a little bit about testing methods used.
    I learned that you don't just use executabe type, you use the drivers associated too. Interesting. Good job!

5. IBK

IBK AV Expert

hm, do you mean the extensions? ->EXE, DLL, VXD, ELF, SYS, SWF, HLP, CLA, JS, HTA, REG, RTF, MDB, PDF, ASP, DOC, XLS, PPT, VSD, PIF, COM, PL, SH, INI, INF, XML, VBS, HTM, BAT, PHP, etc.

btw, probably during tomorrow i will upload the results. i just have to do some other thing first...

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Yes. That is what I was trying to get at. The word eluded me for a moment.

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Seems to be an interesting test. I'm sitting here and waiting for the results to come.....now where is my Zlaty Bazant? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.