AV Boot CD that supports wireless connection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by J_L, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

How do you do that? Wireless seems to work, but RAID still isn't detected.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Norton Bootable Recovery Tool works, because it's based on Windows 7 PE. RAID, along with many other drives, are detected without problems.

Using beta 2012 version, because I can get a free license on it. Wish it didn't require PIN though, and can custom scan though.

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Make sure that the relevant driverpack is enabled.

If it is and your hardware isn't supported you can try updating the driverpack.The easiest way:

1.Download a copy of Driverpacks Base application:
    http://driverpacks.net/applications/latest

2.Delete the current "Driverpacks.net" folder in the "plugin" directory of UBCD4Win.

3.Download the latest versions of the driverpacks you wish to integrate (I just stick to LAN,WLAN & Mass Storage).

4.Run Driverpacks Base with BartPE as the installation platform (location is plugin folder.

5.Slipstream Drivers,then enable them in PEBuilder.

Information here:
    http://driverpacks.net/docs/Miscellaneous guides/driverpacks-base-bartpe-guide

If it's the case that your hardware isn't supported in the latest Driverpack let me know.

Attached Files:

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

When updating, it kept on warning *.7z is currently unavailable. Then I manually downloaded them via bittorrent (only way to download them).

Then I extracted them into the DriverPacks folder, but there's no DriverPacks to select and slipstream on the program. What should I do?

Nevermind, slipstream works, although all selections are grey.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I just tried building, but it wouldn't detect the drivers under Plugins, or Config # DriverPacks.net BASE. There are not yet any slipstream modules available for the selected platform!
    The resultant file and log did not include my downloaded DriverPacks.

Please help.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Currently using Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper, because it has no problems detecting RAID, and the definitions are updated by the creation (burning) program. Works similarly as Norton Bootable Recovery Tool, but with far more settings (such as custom scanning) and no license.

AVG Rescue CD also detects RAID, but not internet connection. Seems to be updated monthly. Can update from definition files on disk. May use it regularly once BugBopper is gone, and if DACS remains beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.