> Autorun.gen trojan ..I need help ?, Removal of virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jesserunner22, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesserunner22

jesserunner22 Registered Member

So my brother used my computer..downloaded a pirated copy of photo shop and ESET security detected a trojan on my computer.

According to ESET:

Object: D:\autorun.inf

Threat: INF/Autorun.gen trojan

So what do I do....ESET keeps quarantining the file but the trojan keeps trying to startup..and the constant notifications are very annoying.

Any advice ?

Also I backed up my hard drive with an external hard drive....and my antivirus is showing that the trojan was trying to launch on that drive...

Is it possible that the trojan could have migrated to the external drive while backing up ?

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Update your ESET Security product to the latest signature 5471 (20100922)

Then, do a Full Deep Scan from the ESET Security window.

3. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello to you Jesserunner22

You asked: Is it possible that the trojan could have migrated to the external drive while backing up ?
    yes it is definitely possible that a piece of malware can migrated to external drive, it all dependent of what backup solution you have chosen, complete drive image or just backup of single files/programs. And for the Virus you have, try to do a scan in safe mode after you have updated Ess 4. Here is the link to scanning in safe mode:http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...n_US&answerid=16777216&searchid=1285252091424
    If nothing seems to help contact Support, and they will guide you thru.
    Best Regards to you

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.