automatic updates fail

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by brynn, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brynn

brynn Registered Member

Hi Friends,
    I'm using ESET Smart Security v 3.0.669.0, and have enabled the automatic virus signature database update feature. But at the scheduled update times, I get an error message saying that the database could not be updated because of incorrect username and/or password. I have entered the correct username and password many, many times, but the automatice updates fail every time. Interestingly, I can start the updates manually and they are successfully downloaded without any problems.

I've checked and double-checked and gone over all the settings I can find that I think might apply to the automatic updates feature -- checked them many times. But everything appears to be correct, as far as I can tell....although certainly there are some settings I don't completely understand.

Since I am able to get the updates "manually", I guess this isn't a serious problem. But I really would like to be able to depend on the automatic updates feature, and not have to rely on my aging memory. So I'm hoping you all can help me fix this?

Thank you very much :D

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try uninstalling ESS and installing it from scratch (I'd strongly recommend installing ESS v. 4.0.424). It sounds like something's wrong with the registry.

3. brynn

brynn Registered Member

Geez!
    Ok, thanks marcos :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.