Automatic update stopped working

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cannybody%*, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cannybody%*

Cannybody%* Registered Member

Although my nod32 is set for automatic updating it has stopped doing this.I am able to update manually but would obviously prefer that it did so automatically.On close down there is a very brief message which indicates unable to access updater which may or may not refer to the nod32.This has happened since the computer froze and was repaired by a local shop and the Nod 32 icon no longer appears in the bottom right of the screen on opening.
    Can you suggest anything?
    Cannybody%*

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Cannybody%*, welcome to Wilders.

Please download and save to your desktop a FRESH copy of Nod32 from http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/download/commercial.html

For help with entering your Username and Password please see HERE

Uninstall your current version of NOD32 through the Windows Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs.

REBOOT your Computer.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above using “Typical Settings”.

There is a Nod32 Tutorial on how to install and setup Nod32 HERE

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. Cannybody%*

Thanks for your prompt help.I am out asll day today but will do as you suggest tommorrow and let you know the outcome.Your directions are very clear and just what I needed.
    cannybody%*:thumb:

4. Cannybody%*

Fine carried out your instructions and everything went well. I Did an in depth scan afterwards which found nothing so that's OK.
    However I have seen regularly, since originally using Nod32, nearly two years ago that it produces a list in blue of files it is unable to open.
    As a not very skilled computer user I am at a loss to understand what they are and of what significance.
    I will omit all the ad aware entries in blue which I assume are deleted spyware and that for that reason the files are locked.Others I am not able to work out though are a :-
    C:\System Volume information\catalogue which have various numbers such aswci\CicCLoc01.00 error opening file locked.
    C:\Windows\System32\config\default - error opening (file locked) [4]
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\NT USER.Dat.LOG-ewrror opening(file locked)[4]
    and others similar incuding
    C:\pagefile.sys-error opening(file locked)[4]
    Would I be right in assuming that these are protected system files which shoud not become corrupt anyway and that if Nod 32 was able to open them that then some one else would be able to do the same thing to gain access?
    Sorry if this is common knowledge but it would help me to know that I have worked it out correctly or not.
    Cannybody %*(Thanks again for your help)*puppy*

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

These are simple Windows System swap files

My pleasure.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.